menu   Home ELA Resources French Resources About Me  

Anchor Chart Ideas - Adverbs Part 2/2 + a freebie

Well, as promised, this is the second part of Anchor Chart Ideas - Adverbs Part 1/2.

As an EFL teacher, I've taught one kind of adverb over and over again: adverbs of frequency.
I've lost count of how many times I've created something similar to this:


I honestly think (please, correct me if I'm wrong) that "often" and "frequently" are pretty much the same and I rarely (ha, adverb!) use "occasionally" myself.

There are other adverbs that could be added to the chart and that's why you should create it with your students so it will be a snapshot of what you want to teach and what they want to learn.

I also spend a lot of time getting students to practice the transformation of adjectives into "-ly" adverbs:


Brazilian people have dropped the "-ly" adverbs. We'll say "eat quick" instead of "eat quickly", so it's extra harder for my students to grasp the need to use that kind of adverb.

If you've made it this far, I guess you deserve a reward :D
Here's a quick freebie for students to practice transforming adjectives into adverbs (click on the image to grab your freebie):

 Adverbs Freebie

If you've read my "About me", you know that I've taught French before. I want this blog to not only inspire those who teach in English, but also those who teach in French.
So, allow me to share the French version of one of my adverbs anchor charts:

READ at For French Immersion7 Pinterest boards for French teachers


Now, what about you? Do you enjoy teaching adverbs? What's the trickiest aspect in your opinion?
Use the comments section and let me know!


Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love your Adverbs chart...what a great visual resource for your students. Thanks for the freebie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia, for your lovely comment! Hope the freebie and the ideas are useful :)

      Cheers,
      Lucy

      Delete